Second Annual Irish Family Day
When: Sunday, August 14, 2011, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club, 707 Rue de la Vallée, Ste. Julie, QC, J3E 1Y1.
This event is a multi Irish societies organized event featuring on events on which the entire family can join in.
Lots of events for the children, including:
– Face painting and kids’ races such as egg & spoon, balloon races, etc.
– Clinics in rugby and Gaelic football (and possibly hurling)
– Bouncy castle and giant soccer ball
Also live sporting events:
– Gaelic football
– Tug-of-war among the Irish Societies
– Point St. Charles Theatre Troupe performing a skit from the Joe Beef Theatre
– Bernadette Short School Irish Dancers
– Irish Radio Show
– Potato eating contest
Note: there will be a bus shuttle service departing from the Loyola Campus to the event starting at 10:00 a.m. (7142 Sherbrooke St. W. – in front of the Chapel). Click here for map.
Stay tuned to the St. Patrick’s Society of Montreal website for more information.
Facebook: Irish Living in Montreal & Second Annual Irish Family Day.
The event is a combined effort of the following Irish societies: St. Patrick’s Society of Montreal, United Irish Societies, Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club, the Gaelic Athletic Association, the Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce and Erin Sports Association, as well as the Irish Radio Show on CJAD and the Girl Guides of Canada.